Saturday, June 11, 2011

One ADVENT dream, One slightly more EPIC dream

Last night, I had another ADVENT mini-dream. The whole team was on some sort of tour/joy-ride thing. The package included a 20-minute boat-ride across the ocean to a city by the beach. I had brought my laptop to transcribe some sort of interview and my guitar for some other unknown reason. When we return to the previously appointed rendez-vous point, we are informed that there was only a one-way boat-ride in the package. To get back, we had to wade out into the ocean, and wait for a raft to pick us up. At first, we're all like "Wooh, cool! We can surf!" but when we get to our lockers, we realize we have stuff like...say laptops and guitars...that can't get wet. I'm freaking out because my backpack isn't waterproof when suddenly I see one of those vacuum bags (you know, the plastic bags that you put a bunch of junk in and vacuum all the air out of so that they turn miraculously tiny?). I stuff my backpack in one of those when I realize that there is no way in hell my guitar will fit. One of the team-members suggests that we walk back instead. I ask the tour guide how far it is to get back by foot. He shrugs nonchalantly, "15 miles?" Holy crap. Then, Momma Chang comes to the rescue. She rents out an entire fleet of little wooden boats. Apparently, the people had wanted to charge us 300 NT each for boat fare, but Momma Chang had bargained with her...1000NT for full rental of 5 boats. Score!

We're on the boat, and I am seized with the feeling that I am going to fall off. I have a guitar in one hand, and for some reason, I am holding something between my feet, dangling it over the water. The thing starts to slip, and when it finally falls, I yell, "Momma Chang! STOP THE BOAT." Then I hand my guitar over to the nearest person and jump into the water. Whatever I just dropped, I know that without it, I can't vote. I literally thought in my mind, "I just lost my right to vote." I'm searching the bottom of the river (no longer an ocean now) with my feet, but in some areas, it's a little too deep. I'm afraid I'm going to dig up dead bodies with my feet. I go back and forth along the area but suddenly, I'm not looking for my mystery object, I'm looking for Daniel's violin. I run to catch up with Momma Chang and the boat, but all of a sudden we're in post-modern England. I'm running on cobblestone. When I meet up with the team, I'm distraught: "I lost Daniel's violin!!" Then, one of the members reminds me that I lost the mystery object, not Daniel's violin. Everything is OK. I remember wondering why I was so worried in the first place. The mystery object can definitely be replaced. Then I woke up in time to wonder if everyone else overslept and if we're going to church today. haha

Oh, I had a more epic dream two nights ago:

There was a teenage boy who's parents were some sort of American hate terrorists (think KKK). Disapproving of their lifestyle and ideals, he refuses to go along with them and threatens to run away. They then leave on a three-day trip, but confine the boy in the house. There are sensors set up at every exit so that if the boy tries to leave, the house will explode. Now, Patrick Jane (The Mentalist) shows up. Apparently, the sensors are only set off by people leaving the house, not entering. He shows the boy how to deflect the lasers of the sensors with a dollar bill, carefully aligning a single bill horizontally to block three lasers. The boy plans to escape the next day because he has to put some things in order. Instead, Jane suggests that the boy come stay with him immediately because the boy's parents might come home early and ruin and chances of escape. The boy agrees and they leave.

The next day, a team of two (which I am part of ) go back to the house on a mission to blow it up. We bring a missile that the boy's father had given him. It's strapped onto the top of our car. To our horror, when we get back to the house, the boy's parents are unexpectedly home. The Mom greets us warmly and I am overcome by a feeling of wrongness. We decide to leave the house immediately. However, I come up with Plan B. Our original plan was to destroy the house so that the parent's would have nothing to come back to. However, with the parents home, this act would culminate in murder, NOT what we were going for. So, we decided to lure the parents out of the home, by saying that we have a message from the boy. Then, once we were far enough from the house, we'd show them the missile that the boy gave us and fire it at the house. This way, we would get the message across AND destroy the house.

For some reason, we find ourselves IN the house. The sensors are still in place, so we can't leave through the front door. We decide to tunnel our way out. There is a sense of urgency as we run through the basement of the house, kicking walls to find the false ones and crawl through.

Then I woke up and said, "Wow. I need to watch more TV."

No comments:

Post a Comment