Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Adventure of Mishaps

Dropped off the kids at school today with The Dentist and said my goodbyes. Slept through the entire train ride to Taoyuan. Got to the station and realized I probably should have called beforehand to make sure all arrangements were in order. After seeing nobody with an "ADVENT" sign at the airport, I called the number he emailed out a few weeks ago. His sister picked up and seemed very annoyed when she told me, "He's not using this number this year." Oh snap. It was at this point that I didn't know anything about the church I was supposed to go to except that it was within 760 m of the train station. Not the name. Not the street. Nothing.

For the next hour, I dragged my luggage around looking for wifi, laptop in hand. I started asking convenience store clerks if they knew about any Christian churches nearby. After hitting up Familymart, Hi-life, Starbucks, McDonalds, I finally found a clerk at 7-11 who was like "Umm...I think so. Canaan?"

YESSSS.

She gave me directions and the street name. I knew it was a 3-minute taxi ride, so I decided to be cheap and walk it. I'm here safely now, by God's grace, and I want some pearl tea.

Peace.

2 comments:

  1. WHEW. Glad you got around by yourself alright. :]

    ReplyDelete
  2. what the hell? is pastor chang there? that's NOT okay.

    ReplyDelete