Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Addict

Update on the headache situation. Woke up with that funny feeling again this morning. We ran out of milk so Professor Liang made me coffee. Three seconds after my first sip, I felt perfectly fine. I AM A COFFEE ADDICT. D:

Also, a few days ago, the Liang family received news that one of their church members was murdered. Her body was found in the ocean and her eyes and hair were gone. I first heard about this from Dr. Liu. She told me because Jenny, her oldest daughter, was in the same fellowship as the deceased. They had to sit her down to break the news. It's so surreal to think about someone you know intimately just suddenly not existing anymore. Even worse, that someone is still out there, guilty of murdering your friend. The news came up again at Pastor Chao's house when her Dad asked if she wanted to go with him to the funeral home. The church wanted to go to support the father. (This is where I heard that her eyes and hair were gone. Grandma found it necessary to repeat this gruesome detail three times. I counted.) But seriously, this kind of ridiculousness just blows my mind. There is speculation that this girl, who was studying to get her master's, was supposed to meet up with some online friends. I know we joke a lot about online predators, but this just really puts things into perspective. There really are bad people out there. Crazy!

No comments:

Post a Comment