Saturday, August 25, 2012

Discoveries

Yesterday, Mymy and I made a potentially life-altering discovery. One of those discoveries that make you go, "Oh shit, put that back in the box1 Can't be having that around these parts."

The day started out promising. On my way to work, my iPod starts playing some ABBA ("Take a Chance"...best song ever.) and I started the day in an insanely good mood. The optimist in me thought this mood would carry me through the entire day...the realist should have realized that it meant things could only go downhill from there. It wasn't exactly a bad day at work, just business as usual. Long. Repetitive. Brainless work. My favorite. But at exactly 11:30 AM, disaster struck. I made the gruesome discovery (not the life-altering one) that I had forgotten my lunch on the kitchen counter. My painstakingly prepared lunch where I had lovingly spread just the right amount of fake Nutella on one slice of bread and raspberry jam on the other and brought them together in a sacred union of gastronomic bliss. Son of a bitch. Good day dead.

Got back home tired and hangry. Was NOT in the mood to take the full-length and I managed to talk myself into taking a break for a day. Ended up playing Tetris in the library and distracting Mymy from her LSAT studies. Mymy, being the good friend with overbearing maternal instincts that she is, persuaded me to go over to her place instead of marinating in melancholy by my onesies. I brought dinner...she brought hard apple cider.

Thus A DISCOVERY WAS BORN. (duuuun dun dundundun duuuun dun)   Did anyone get Powerpuff girls from that? No? Damn.

Alcohol is an instant pick-me-up. Apparently I don't respond to apple pie or ice cream, but alcohol makes me (reluctantly) joyous. This soon snowballed into a "Hey, let's drink tonight!" and we ended up roping a bunch of friends into a night of debauchery and drunken revelry. OK not so much. We sipped daintily on wine coolers, played King's Cup, and exchanged clothing. Yeah...we're those people.







Twas' a fun night. Wish y'all could have been there.

No comments:

Post a Comment