Friday, August 7, 2009

Kids on Bart

This morning, my sister and I woke up at the buttcrack of dawn to catch the BART up to Berkeley. The ride there was totally uneventful, besides the cool African people conversing in...African. O.o (Sorry, totally ignorant comment there.) There weren't even any scary lesbians hitting on me this time! Look, times are improving!

We got to Berkeley and diddled a bit before heading over to Jamba Juice. We got this nifty coupon from BendyDan (I would post it up but it expires tomorrow), and we used it to treat Jeremiah and Nehemiah to some Jamba. :D Cutest phone conversation ever. I love how Jeremiah treats every question like it is life-altering.

"What do you want at Jamba, Jeremiah?"
"Hmmm.....mmm....hmm.."
"Take your time, Jeremiah."
"Ha ha. Umm..."

HAHAHA. I love Jeremiah.

Then when I ask Nehemiah what he wants, he's just...

"Umm...just...umm... (after a full moment of deliberation) Just get me whatever you think is good."

Got them a Caribbean Passion (J) and Mango A-Go-Go (N). Hoped they liked it. ><

Got the pictures! Yay! 31.4 Gigs of ADVENT goodness. I spent over an hour just looking through them. Got blinded by half-naked boys along the way. Andrew's pictures should come with a disclaimer. (sigh)

Anyways, went to Barney's with the Kims and Alice. The guacamole burger was to die for. We had curly fries and deep fried vegetables too. I haven't had that much ranch since...since middle school. I never understood people who dipped their pizza into their ranch. Ugh. Or their hot cheetos into cream cheese for that matter. Ew.

Went back to the Kim/Alice/Mindy residence for some Wii. I had to sit through Amy screeching on Rainbow Road. (Insert Mario Kart Love Song here.) "I HAAAATE THIS GAAAAME." Nazgul!

So anyway, to the main point of the post. On our way back to Fremont, the cutest little girl and her mom got on. She looked like she just got back from an art class, masterpieces firmly nestled in paint-spattered arms. I saw her big, blue eyes and I was overcome with a Daniel-like desire to throw her over my shoulder and run away. (Funny, I thought my tastes ran more toward the Asian. Oh well, discover new things everyday.)

"Honey, grab onto the pole."

The kid reaches, misses, headbutts Mommy in the stomach. Ouch. Watching this, a nice man offers his seat to the little girl, who takes it without even a word of thanks. Of course, being an Asian, I wrinkled my nose at this. (Very judgmental, I know.) Later, this same man offers her a bag of Peanut M&Ms. This time, the gratitude was profuse.

"Honey, what do you say?"
"THAAAAANK YOUUUUU. This is my lucky day!"

Cute. She turns to her Mom.

"Mommy, can I share?"

Cuter. The little girl proceeds to pass out peanut M&Ms to her fellow passengers on BART. Then her Mom goes, "Honey, can I have one?"

"No."

Cutest.

As passengers disembark, the girl is soon left alone with her mother. Now there are only two M&Ms in the bag. Again, "Honey, can I have one?"

The girl fishes around in the bag.

"This one is for me." She eats it.

She fishes in the bag again. Mom reaches her hand out.

"This one is for me too." Eat.

At this point, I think the girl is hilarious, but exceedingly ill-bred. (Yes. Again, very judgmental.) I also reflected that the mother must be very lax in her disciplining of this child. Who lets their three year old child devour an entire bag of M&Ms? Bad. Very bad.

The little girl starts crawling all over the BART, asking her Mom all sorts of questions. I noticed that the Mom was not really paying attention, making short, semi-interested answers while scrolling through her iTouch. This kind of annoyed me. If I had a kid, he/she would amuse the heck out of me. I'd probably spend every waking moment playing with my little Uruk-hai. I'd answer every question and sit twitching in wait for the next. But here this woman was, blessed with the cutest angel in the world (For now. My kids are going to be freakin' beautiful.) , and she is more preoccupied with Twitter.

But get this. The child starts knocking on the BART window, looking for some place to throw her trash (the M&M wrapper).

"Mommy, how come this window don't open?" [My Uruk-hais will have perfect diction and syntax.]

The woman looks up, puts the iTouch away, and says:

"Well, honey. There are a lot of reasons, but here are the three best reasons I can think of: 1.) This way, people won't fall out. 2.) If the windows could open, there would be a lot of wind. 3.) It would be very loud."

I was floored. First of all, those were good reasons. Second, they were presented in a perfectly logical way, as if to someone older than a three year old. I loved it. Most people would have said "Because the train was built like that. Now, sit down."

Then!


"Now, honey, you have to be more quiet. There are people sleeping on the BART."
The kid looks around, sees people sleeping, and whispers, "Sorry."

CUTE! I want one. D:

This taught me to reserve judgment. Ha. I probably shouldn't judge people that I don't know. God's wake-up call of the day. (" You is being a biznatch.") And it made me really want kids. ): Eight years is too long to wait! haha. (I can hear Amy's face right now.)

Also! I discovered that I talk to myself in my head. Well, ok, I always knew I talked to myself, but for the first time, I noticed how retarded the conversations are.

(Imagination is running wild.)
"And he'll love me a lot a lot. And we'll have the cutest kids..."
"Ok, Abby. Now you're just being fanciful."
"Fanciful? Really? Who says fanciful?"
" You do, apparently."
"God, I need to stop reading Wuthering Heights."

And that's just a small glimpse into the insanity that is Abby Wang. I have to wade through that cesspool everyday.

Anyways, kids. I love.

No comments:

Post a Comment