Saturday, August 22, 2009

2 AM

Ok, that's totally the title of a song. I swear it is.

So yes, it is 2 AM, 2:24 AM to be exact, and I am wide awake. I was tired as hell around 11ish, but once that big hand went past 12:00, I was hit by my second wind. I wish this kind of thing would happen to me when I'm trying to exercise.

I should be working on my AP Government paper right now on sexual offenders, but somehow, thinking about such things at this ungodly hour seems very unappealing. Nonetheless, I have one more page to go, and nothing's gonna stop me now! (Queen - Don't Stop Me Now: Go listen to it.)

I just had a nice long heart to heart chat with my sister. Well, actually, I verbal diarrhea-ed all over her. It's always nice to talk about things out loud, it helps me to organize my thoughts. They've been jumbled of late, I haven't really needed to pull them together and organize them. I think its time to defragment this brain of mine in preparation for school re-entry. 4 more AP classes to go, and off to college for me!

I still haven't seriously started looking at college apps. I'm not even sure what major I want to go into. One thing I know for sure is, I can't wait for college.

ADVENT is still weighing very heavily on my mind. OK, that's not the right way to word it, makes it sound too much like a burden. I've been suffering from a bad case of ADVENT nostalgia for a long time now, and like last year, it seems that nothing will cure me until next summer.

Another important note, I am being baptized soon! Yay! It's something that I have been thinking about for a long time now. I've always been afraid of taking such a large leap, of making such a binding commitment. But this ADVENT trip, I've learned that there is no reason to be ashamed of my religion. God is God, and it's time I publicly announced that I recognize him as my Father. It seems that making the decision to get baptized is much easier than actually getting/organizing a baptism. We are struggling to find a date and a location that is convenient for all parties involved. Amy and I are willing to go as simply as possible. A hose in the backyard would suffice. This event has been a long time in coming, and I just want it done!

The guest list is still a little iffy. One part of me wants this to be a very private ceremony, with only perhaps, five people present. Another part of me wants to share it with the world, shout it from the rooftops! I understand that my Dad is very proud that we finally decided to take the flying leap, but does he really need to go through the phonebook and tell everybody? Sheesh. That Daddy of mine...

So anyways, I'm just praying that this whole thing works out, with the relatives coming over and whatnot. (Oh horror, I just used the word "whatnot".) We really wanted to invite Pastor Chang for dinner, but with relatives involved, things just might get a little messy. Whatever the result, I'm sure it's going to be a hell of a ride.

Yeehaw!

2 comments:

  1. I wanted my baptism to be ULTRA private too, like just me, God, and the person dipping me back.
    Then I read that fatty sermon on baptism, and I realized its seriously a celebration, from the community (the church), of the public declaration of your new life in christ.

    So its only natural your reaction is to shout it from the rooftops. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. YOU AREN'T BAPTIZED YET? LOL I NEVER KNEW

    And never be ashamed of who you are! (x
    The last thing you'd ever want is a complicated life.

    ReplyDelete