Monday, August 2, 2010

Drowning My Sorrows in Pearl Tea

I have literally had a pearl tea every single day for the last two weeks. Sometimes two. OK, to be more accurate, I have had coconut jelly tea. After the first three weeks of pearls, I got sick of them. No flavor. bleh. Exchanged them for coconut jelly and aloe, which has awesome texture AND taste! Joy!

Right now, I'm sitting in Starbucks (again). This time I purchased a tall caramel machiatto that cost me more than it would have had I been in America. Balls. But it can't be helped. This morning, I dragged myself out of bed at 6:50 AM because I had to go buy bras. Yes. Bras. My uncle drove my grandmother and me to Shilin to visit the little street vendor that we've been buying bras from for the past decade. On the way there, we had a rather unnerving conversation about how I had to buy a supply of underwear that would last me through college. Yes. A conversation about bras. With my Uncle. (shudder)

After buying six bras that I do not really like, (sigh), my grandmother took me to get some bubble ice. Usually, this is a treat, but this morning I have beastly cramps. But for my dear grandmother, I ate that taro bubble ice. However, when she suggested shopping I had to put my foot down. The thought of pushing and shoving my way through the crowded alleyway, on my period, hunched over in menstrual agony, limping, sweating, urgh. Not happening. I unashamedly proclaimed that I was on my period and that I was in PAIN. My grandma laughed. Oh, grandma. How you must love me.

I have a monster cut on my toe from the sneaky sharp rocks on the beaches of Keelung. It's really starting to bother me. The sensation is not like having another pair of lips on your foot. Except every time you kiss the ground, you feel excruciating pain. I exaggerate, but unpleasant nonetheless.

Anyways, this hot coffee is doing wonders for the cramps. It's either that or the way I'm curled into the fetal position on a couch, using my computer as a heat pack. Meh, anything to make that 115NT worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment