Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Restless.

It's 2:40 AM and I'm wide awake, tapping away on the keyboard like some sort of deranged monkey. My eyes are tired but I can't fall asleep, and it doesn't help that paranoia and adrenalin are rushing through my system at the thought of being caught, awake at this ungodly hour. And you know what's keeping me up?

Effing Sherlock Holmes.

Good God, that just sounds terribly obsessed doesn't it? I've read over 100 short fanfictions from the fandom and written one. Every time I'm about to doze off, all of a sudden, a prompt sticks in my head and the fiction starts writing itself. What am I supposed to do? I'm a slave to the muse. Of course, I have to think the storyline through, flesh it out, deliver what I have conceived in my head. This is all very useless unless I haul my ass out of bed, go downstairs to grab my laptop, and commit something to Microsoft Word. Which, as you can see, I'm not exactly doing.

I'm feeling restless. Like there's so much stuff I should be doing but can't bring myself to start. For example, studying for AP Physics C. I'm going to fail that test unless I start busting my ass now to learn the material. I'm restless because I'm ready to go to college, restless because I don't yet feel grown up, restless because my abilities are not yet adequate to face the real world. My Chinese is slipping, I need to work on it. My English vocabulary is diminishing, that's why I'm obsessed with FreeRice and dictionary.com. And I want to learn Korean while simultaneously brushing up on my French. In addition to all that, I plan on learning how to improvise on the piano. I sense a heavy workout in the future for my left brain. (At least, I think it's the left brain...)

Not really looking forward to tomorrow... or as it were, today.

No comments:

Post a Comment