Saturday, January 7, 2012

Republican Debate

I'm not the most politically conscious person, but hanging out with Kimberly for the past three consecutive days made me pause when I came across the debate while channel-surfing. Call it morbid curiosity, if you will. I mean, if I'm going to disagree with Republicans, I should at least know what it is exactly I'm disagreeing with...

First of all, I love the standing arrangement. Romney in the middle, flanked by Santorum and Ron Paul. Gringrich is a bit further off center. Then waaaaay off to the side, you got Rick pArry and Jon Huntsman. SAD! But hilarious.

Anyways, if I were to play the average citizen and evaluate the candidates by appearances alone, I must concede that Romney does look the most "presidential" out of the bunch. Santorum lacks a chin, Ron Paul looks like a cross between Gandalf and Master Oogway, and Gingrich looks like a squib. I think Rick Perry  would come in second-place for the most presidential-looking candidate cuz DAMN he wears nice suits, except he's got that dumbass look so reminiscent of George W. Bush. Poor Jon Huntsman just looked so eager to please--"Ooh! Ooh! Pick me! Pan the camera over here!"

Look at all 'em candidates with their patriotic pins. BUT WHAT'S THIS? WHERE'S RON PAUL'S?? He clearly hates America.

So I'm watching the debate and I didn't even realize that I was commenting out loud until my mom goes, "If it makes you so angry, why are you still watching?" BECAUSE I MUST MOTHER. If America falls into the hands of one these...lovely people, God forbid, I would like to be able to predict how our nation as we know it will go to shit...well, faster than it is now, anyways.

The one thing that irked me was how little respect the candidates showed our current president. Anything is always "better than what we have now". Why can't we politely disagree? Why does everything have to be " I disagree with you so I'm going to completely ignore anything you've accomplished." So frustrating.

Speaking of respect, Huntsman breaks out in Chinese! Mad props. Apparently, he's the former ambassador to China and he called out Mitt Romney in Chinese saying he knows nothing about the economic situation with China. I laughed out loud.

I'm not going to go into my own opinions, but let's just say I had a GRAND time listening to the debate over gay marriage, hypothetical bans on contraception, and military spending.

Come Monday, my registration for an absentee ballot is going out in the mail. MONDAY...because today is SATURDAY and mail is not MAILED until MONDAY. D:

God, with Taiwan and American politics going down simultaneously, I have such low esteem for mankind.

No comments:

Post a Comment