Saturday, December 10, 2011

Lord of the Orgo

Josh: Orgo is beautiful. Embrace it.
Me: I'd rather appreciate it from afar.
Josh: So do all who live to see such times.


Oh man, I am so blessed with friends who know just how to cheer me up. Lord of the Rings quote of the day! :)


"Frodo: I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.
Gandalf: So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

Meant as a joke, but actually very encouraging considering the context. Tolkien was a wise, wise man cuz' The Lord of the Rings has snippets of wisdom for all situations.

"All that is gold does not glitter, not all who wander are lost."

"Many that live deserve death, and some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death and judgement, for not even the very wise can see all ends."

"The world is full enough of hurts and mischances without wars to multiply them."



I have decided that the Bible must be made into an epic movie. I'd be much better at understanding and applying the Scripture to my life. 

Back to Orgo. Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment