Saturday, February 5, 2011

Coffee at Dinner

Coffee is now officially my arch-enemy. It's 1:41 in the morning and I have to get up at 9:30 to go teach an SAT class. Fortunately, Matt will buy me a Starbucks Frapp (those little bottle things) and you know what they say, the best way to treat a hangover is to take another shot.

I've been super busy lately. The coffee has been totally necessary. My schedule everyday runs from 9 in the morning to 4 in the afternoon. On Thursdays, it goes until 5:20. Every other Wednesday, I have clinic from 5 until 10:00 at night. I might start tagging along on lacrosse practices on Tuesday from 5 to 7. I don't know when worship practice is going to be. Trying to hit the gym every night for at least an hour. I don't know what I'm trying to prove. Guess I'm just trying to keep busy.

I'm entertaining the thought of being a Neuroscience/East Asian Studies double major. Kim tells me that any major with the word "Studies" in it is total shit. (Sorry, Film Studies majors.) Still, Asia is something that I think I'm interested in, and this will be all for me. Plus, the classes will satisfy my distribution/writing intensive credit requirements.

I'm not quite sure my Research Mentor Professor likes me. haha. He totally forgot my name at the first meeting. I guess I'm just furniture in the lab until I prove myself. Challenge accepted! Not quite sure research is what I have in mind for the future, but it's always great to experience something new and learn along the way. I get to learn how to use a fMRI and analyze data. How exciting. I'm only being sarcastic about the second part. SUPER MEGA MAGNET MACHINE? YES, PLEASE!

Classes haven't really kicked up yet. Hopefully I'll do well on Intro Chem II this semester . Professor Karlin is the cutest thing. First day of class, he almost fell off the stage. Brilliant. hahahahaha. Chem lab TA isn't Andrew...but hopefully, he'll do. Jenna got off the waitlist (from number 27) and is still my partner. The Dynamic Duo of Destruction survives! Intro Physics II looks a lot more math/calc related this semester. I have an awesome TA who has green hair and explains everything thoroughly/beautifully. This bodes well for me. All I need now is a Physics Lab TA who isn't incompetent. Cog Neuro started off super boring. I spent the entire first lecture looking for a cheap place to buy the class textbook and the entire second lecture Sporcling. Who knew the horned melon was a fruit? I read the suggested reading for the next lecture today and the book is really interesting though. Hopefully the tests will be less lecture and more text oriented.

At the last moment, I enrolled in 19th Century British Novels. I was looking over my 4 year college plan and I realized that if I wanted to double major in East Asian Studies, I had to get my Lit classes out of the way now. We're currently reading P&P. LOVE. The professor is really interesting, even though she reads from the slide for the entire class. I'm seeing Darcy/Bingley in a whole new light. Gentry and Nobility....there's a difference? After the first TA section, I happened to be one of the last people to come out of the room and I reminded the TA to turn off the lights. We got to talking, and he said, "I think you had a class with my roommate last semester. Jacob?" Say whaaaaat? Jacob, AKA, MR. CHILTON was my Expos Prof-In-Training last semester. They have matching beards! HA! Anyways, this TA is impressively smart, reasonably funny, and gives off the air of a stoned genius. I like him. haha

I'm crossing my fingers that I haven't bitten off more than I can chew for this semester. I'm glad church starts this week because I really need me some JESUS. haha Still stressing out about rooming/housing next year. And $$ is always on my mind. He is the Way, the Truth, and the Light. With Jesus by my side, there is nothing I shall fear.

2 comments:

  1. the gym? who are you?!

    and how do you feel about mr. chilton talking about you to his roommate?

    don't stress the school schedule stuff. once you settle into a routine, it goes a lot easier.

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://ca.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090827171640AAFuQaL

    Teehee. As a minor, EAS wouldn't hurt anyone. Just don't lean on it for a major. Which I know you won't. PLUS YOU CAN MEET ASIANS. YO WHERE DA AZNS AT?!

    ReplyDelete