Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Moments of Frenzy

There are moments of insanity when I am convinced that the success doesn't stand a snowball's chance in Hell. I feel the sharks circling in, blood is in the water. Then God steps in, takes my hand, and I can breathe again.


I'm still feeling slightly anxious about the success of this year's Renn Faire. I was totally chill about it until Steven casually informed me today that the Voodoo order couldn't go through. Then I started thinking about the daunting task of making 175 voodoo dolls by hand. This was all before Steven handed me a $111 receipt for his haunted house. Sweet Jesus, have mercy on this poor soul. I'm hoping like crazy that we didn't overestimate the earning power of our booths, that we'll break even with lots more to spare on our much deserved AP Lit breakfast.

I thought school ended with my last AP tests; I was sadly mistaken. (I've always wanted to use a semicolon dramatically.) Until RennFaire is over, I'm going to remain in such a state of hypertension that Legolas could pluck me and kill dozens of AP Lit students orcs. God bless Ms. Daniell. I don't see how anyone could possible cope with this madness every year. And to bring it upon yourself? Masochism Saintliness.

Like I told Steven, I'm blogging the pain away. Hopefully, this will give me the necessary strength to face the multitudes of slack faces at tomorrow's RennFaire meeting. Or reign in my temper as I mentally calculate how many of those faces are MISSING. D: Heaven preserve me.

Can you tell I've been brushing up on my Renaissance phrases/diction/syntax? Imma brush up on some scathing Bible verses in preparation for the confession booth. I can't wait to see what lechery these people can dredge up for the futile purpose of shocking me. (Insert Mandark laugh here.) NEVER! I shall prevail!

Ok. That's enough. I gots to wake up early tomorrow to run to Wal-Mart and Fabrics R Us to check out cloth/buttons/thread/stuffing for the voodoo dolls.

Fare thee well, my dear readers. May the Glorious One smile upon our next meeting. (;




1 comment: