Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Insomnia


Insomnia - Craig David

It's around 3:30 AM right now, and I'm wide awake. I've been playing Blockles since 1:30 AM.

I tried to go to sleep around 12:30, but I spent at least half an hour tossing and turning, playing Letterblox and Blockles in my head. I'll be the first to admit that I have a problem. A serious addiction. I'm going on a three week sabbatical starting tomorrow, and I hope that by the time I come back, I will be fully recovered.

I've got that stomach-wrenching feeling where you're too excited to sleep. I'm leaving on a plane tomorrow. I'm going to Taiwan. I don't need to sleep now. I can sleep on the plane.

That's three weeks without internet. Without my cell phone. Without Blockles and Letterblox. It seems horrifying right now, but I know from experience that by the time I get there, I won't even remember these things exist.

I'm going to be spending the next three weeks spreading the Gospel in Taiwan through English classes. This is my second year with ADVENT, and I'm really glad I came back (for now). I can't wait to see what new friends I make and what potential my future students will have. I need to get out of this stifling American society anyhow.

I just watched an episode of True Blood. That's what has been screwing me up lately. For the past three days, I've been dreaming about murder, death, and vampires. While these dreams would make excellent fodder for a movie, it's not exactly pleasant to wake up, convinced that you've burned someone alive. It took me a whole day to shake off that dream. I need to get away from vampires, romance, gore, and hot men. I hope to return to America in four weeks time with a clean slate, ready for my Senior year.

When Junior year ended, I was exhausted. I hated school. I wanted out. I must have ditched at least a week worth of school by the end. I haven't cut myself any slack in my courses for next year, (suicidal, I know), so I really need a break to re-prepare myself for academics.

I need some sleep. But I have the whole day ahead of me. I had originally planned to watch Mental and True Blood, then start from Season One of NCIS and catch up, but it turns out that Mental has been rescheduled to Friday. Talk about ruining my day. D: I guess it's just going to be NCIS tomorrow. I'm going to be twitchy and hyped until the moment my butt is parked in the airplane seat.

I think I may still be suffering the effects of the coffee I had today during happy hour. Coffee is a diuretic, a fact I didn't register until I was praying for mercy on a 45-minute BART ride. Thank God for the Daily Californian and its crossword. I don't think I would have made it otherwise.

Well, hanging on till tomorrow!

Back to Blockling!

1 comment:

  1. Me too. Yesterday was oddly "unsleepable" for some reason.

    and NO YOU'RE NOT LEAVING UNTILYOU SPEND A DAY WITH ME D:

    ReplyDelete