Thursday, February 19, 2009

School is a Infection

My life has been completely taken over by school. Consumed is a better word. Every last ounce of free time is squeezed from me and tainted by the overwhelming pressure of School, hanging over me, tied around my neck, binding my hands together. I can't escape it, and I wouldn't even if I could. It's my ticket out, it's my ticket up. Everyone says, if I want to succeed anywhere, at anything, I need School. I just need to survive this one last semester. One. More. Semester.

People say they envy my "free time". I'm afraid they're deceived. I haven't had free time since sophomore year began. Sure, I sleep early. But this means that every bit of homework is crammed into that little space where school ends and sleep begins. I don't go out. I don't socialize with people. My life is a endless itinerary of School, meetings, family, sleep. It's getting harder and harder to fall back into line. Every break, I step out and really experience the world again, and I don't want to go back into the box. After stretching my legs, finally taking the time to breathe properly, I find that my liberated limbs refuse to conform to the restrictions of that box any longer. I want to be free. I want to escape.

3 comments:

  1. i'm sure i have something more intelligent i could say, but at the moment, let's go with "brevity, class":

    Amen, sistah.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, at least you don't lose perspective of the bigger picture.

    ReplyDelete